Benefits of our open source program
The Equinix Metal Open Source Partner program is focused on building relationships and giving back. We support technologies that impact our business: languages, operating systems, networking, cloud native and related stacks
- Credit for Equinix Metal infrastructure
- Real time guidance and support
- Co-marketing efforts, including live streams and events
- Exposure to Equinix's ecosystem of over 10,000 customers
Getting on board
We start each relationship with an onboarding period.
How does it work?
During the first few months, we will:
- Learn about each others objectives, responsibilities, and plans for Open Source development
- Design a project that will best reach your goals
- Estimate a budget for equipment and network use
- Set up real-time project communications (Slack, Teams, GitHub, or your favorite!)
What happens after we’re up and running?
At the end of the onboarding, we'll make sure that everything is running smoothly and look for opportunities to tell our story, where we can mutually:
- Give and receive feedback
- Evaluate evolving needs
- Allocate additional / recurring credits
- Explore marketing opportunities
What about beyond infrastructure?
- Open Source partners can interact with each other and extend their network via:
- Monthly office hours with product updates & roadmap reviews
- Engagement with Equinix and its ecosystem of partners