- 1 box puff pastry (Trader Joe’s All Butter Puff Pastry recommended)
- 1 container guava paste (found in the Latin food section or online)
- 1 container cream cheese at room temperature (generic brands do best)
- 1 egg, used for egg wash
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Lay out one sheet of puff pastry on parchment paper.
- Cut guava paste into slices (12-18) and lay on the puff pastry.
- Cut the cream cheese into slices and place on top of the guava paste.
- Make an egg wash by beating the 1 tablespoon of water into the egg.
- Brush the egg wash along uncovered portions of the puff pastry.
- Lay the second puff pastry sheet along the top.
- Using your fingers or a pastry utensil, seal the edges and the mounds.
- Brush the egg wash on top of the puff pastry.
- Using a knife, make a small cut or two on top of each mound.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Use a pizza cutter to divide the mounds & enjoy with a cup of coffee or on its own!
Ready to kick the tires?
Sign up and get going today, or request a demo to get a tour from an expert.