- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 fifteen-ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 2 fifteen-ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 fifteen-ounce can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 to 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- garnish with cilantro, avocado, coconut yogurt
- In a large pot, sauté the onion, bell pepper, carrot, celery and 1/4 teaspoon salt over medium heat for 7-10 minutes.
- Add the garlic, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika and oregano. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the diced tomatoes, black beans, pinto beans, veggie broth and bay leaf. Stir to combine, then bring the mixture to a simmer and continue cooking, stirring occasionally and reducing heat as necessary to maintain a gentle simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Transfer 1 1/2 cups of chili to the blender and blend until smooth, then pour the blended mixture back into the pot.
- Add the chopped cilantro and mix in the vinegar to taste.
Ready to kick the tires?
Sign up and get going today, or request a demo to get a tour from an expert.