In a nutshell
- K3s is a highly available, certified Kubernetes distribution designed for production workloads in unattended, resource-constrained, remote locations or inside IoT appliances. When K3s is used with SUSE Rancher, organizations are equipped with an easy, complete and reliable solution for Kubernetes at the edge.
- After two years of research and development, K3s was donated to the CNCF in June 2020. The donation is a testament to SUSE’s commitment to the open source community and their mission to run Kubernetes everywhere.
Why we love it
- K3s when combined with Equinix Metal’s on-demand bare metal hardware can be used for development & testing environments to simplify your Kubernetes SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle)
- K3s is packaged as a single <40MB binary that reduces the dependencies and steps needed to install, run and auto-update a production Kubernetes cluster.
- K3s is perfectly suited to Kubernetes deployments in resource constrained edge deployments in Equinix Metal Edge Metro DCs.
- K3s Sandbox Project
- Accelerating Edge Computing with Arm and K3s Lightweight Kubernetes
- SUSE K3s on Equinix Metal Labs Live 2023 - Livestream
Equinix Metal Docs
We're here to help
We have a global team of technical experts ready to help you out wherever you are, 24 hours a day.
You may also like
IBM Cloud Satellite
Deploy and run apps on-prem, in the cloud, or at the edge with an extension of the IBM Public Cloud in any data center.
Manage the full lifecycle of Kubernetes clusters and containerized apps in a single easy-to-use operations platform.
Unify Kubernetes clusters for consistent operations and workload management on-prem, in the cloud, or at the edge.
Ready to kick the tires?
Sign up and get going today, or request a demo to get a tour from an expert.