In a nutshell
- Gardener Project is a multi-cluster, multi-cloud, multi-region Kubernetes orchestration system. You can deploy and manage large numbers of Kubernetes clusters deployed simultaneously to multiple clouds and your own managed on-premise clusters, in diverse regions across the world, all from a single pane of glass.
- Gardener implements the automated management and operation of Kubernetes clusters as a service and provides a fully validated extensibility framework that can be adjusted to any programmatic cloud or infrastructure provider. Gardener is 100% Kubernetes-native and exposes its own Cluster API to create homogeneous clusters on all supported infrastructures.
Why we love it
- A single Gardener installation can scale to register and manage thousands of clusters, regardless of their location - public/private clouds, DC bare metal, regulated environments... anywhere a Gardenlet is deployed.
- Gardener manages clusters very much like pods are orchestrated in Kubernetes. Cluster workloads are scheduled and Gardenlets, similar to Kubelets, take over to manage them in particular environments in a loosely coupled, controller pattern.
- A single Kubernetes cluster can host an enormous amount of control planes. Gardener can scale-out massively by more control plane clusters and letting the Gardenlets do the heavy lifting. In fact, those clusters can also be managed by Gardener for maximum efficiency.
We're here to help
We have a global team of technical experts ready to help you out wherever you are, 24 hours a day.
Ready to kick the tires?
Sign up and get going today, or request a demo to get a tour from an expert.