In a nutshell
- Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS) is a fully managed container orchestration service that helps you easily deploy, manage, and scale containerized applications. It deeply integrates with the rest of the AWS platform to provide a secure and easy-to-use solution for running container workloads in the cloud and now on your infrastructure with Amazon ECS Anywhere.
- Amazon ECS leverages serverless technology from AWS Fargate to deliver autonomous container operations, which reduces the time spent on configuration, patching, and security. Instead of worrying about managing the control plane, add-ons, and nodes, Amazon ECS enables you to rapidly build applications and grow your business,
Why we love it
- Low Latency Applications - The AWS ECS service is brought closer to customers, end users, and solutions. Manage computing in a data center where you currently have or will have a presence. Equinix Metal offers the best solution to get physical servers up and running in minutes as an on-demand service. Customers can fulfill end customer proximity, data sovereignty, and local data processing requirements.
- Global Interconnection - Metal is available in 18 metros today and growing. AWS Direct Connect is located with Equinix in 37 metros allowing customers to connect their containers back to AWS, with a stable, low-latency and secure end to end solution. ECS Anywhere can be deployed in public cloud, hybrid, or on-prem environments.
- Competitive Egress Costs - Lowering on-premises egress pricing to your end users or solutions. Low-cost bare metal for hosting ECS at Equinix IBX’s. Reach a global audience and lock in major discounts for egress bandwidth. Reduce public cloud egress costs and reduce risk by scaling infrastructure on demand based on customer traffic.
- ECS-A on Equinix Metal with Equinix Fabric Technical Guide
- Amazon ECS Anywhere Getting Started Guide
Equinix Metal Docs
We're here to help
We have a global team of technical experts ready to help you out wherever you are, 24 hours a day.
You may also like
Amazon EKS Anywhere
Start, run, and scale containerized applications on the Amazon EKS distro in AWS or on-prem with a managed service.
Streamline container orchestration with a Kubernetes distro built on Ubuntu with optimal price-performance in mind.
Get consistent developer and ops experience in the cloud and on-prem with a modern application management platform.
IBM Cloud Satellite
Deploy and run apps on-prem, in the cloud, or at the edge with an extension of the IBM Public Cloud in any data center.
Ready to kick the tires?
Sign up and get going today, or request a demo to get a tour from an expert.