In a nutshell
- Simplifies the orchestration of Equinix’s three digital products – Metal, Network Edge and Fabric along with other digital products at Equinix and public cloud resources such as Azure ExpressRoute, AWS DirecConnect and others from a single pane of glass.
- Automates the orchestration of network services and edge applications on the underlying infrastructure and supports multi-cloud (agnostic) strategies connecting the edge to public clouds.
Why we love it
- Orchestrates a set of Equinix Metal servers along with Equinix Network Edge (or a Port) and Equinix Fabric to get comprehensive cloud edge infrastructure.
- Provides multi-cloud networking to the cloud edge infrastructure by automating the connectivity to Azure ExpressRoute, AWS DirectConnect, and more.
- Upon completion of infrastructure orchestration, AES can deploy network services such as 5G core and O-RAN on the infrastructure.
- Deploys edge computing applications such as CDN, computer vision, machine learning, IoT, distributed databases, and more on the infrastructure.
- Can be used for multi-cloud networking (MCN), storage repatriation, machine learning at the edge, multi-access edge computing (MEC), 5G, and virtual point-of-presence (vPOP) use cases.
- Equinix Case Study - Infrastructure-as-Code Case Study
- LF Case Study - How to Build Edge Solutions with LF Edge Akraino blueprints & ETSI Multi-access Edge Computing (MEC) APIs
- Akraino Project - Linux Foundation Edge Akraino Public Cloud Edge Interface (PCEI) blueprint
We're here to help
We have a global team of technical experts ready to help you out wherever you are, 24 hours a day.
Ready to kick the tires?
Sign up and get going today, or request a demo to get a tour from an expert.