- 1 package (8 ounces) baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion (yellow or white), diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 3 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/4 teaspoon sage leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 4 cups and 2 tablespoons of vegetable broth
- 1 can (13 ounces) full-fat coconut milk
- Wash the mushrooms and slice them (if they aren’t pre-sliced). While you’re slicing, pre-heat your Dutch oven or soup pot. Add a tablespoon of vegetable broth and the sliced mushrooms. Sauté the mushrooms until the moisture is released and evaporated and the mushrooms are brown.
- Once the mushrooms are browned, add the garlic, onion, celery, carrots, thyme and sage with an additional tablespoon of broth to the mushrooms. Sauté for 5 minutes, until the onions are translucent.
- Add the wild rice, diced potatoes and vegetable broth, stirring to combine. Heat on medium-high until you have a rolling boil. Turn the heat down to a simmer, cover the pot, and let the soup cook on a low simmer for 45 minutes, unless the rice instructions call for more time.
- Once the rice is cooked, add the can of coconut milk, stir and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Thom’s family likes to serve theirs with a loaf of crunchy sourdough bread.
Ready to kick the tires?
Sign up and get going today, or request a demo to get a tour from an expert.