- 8-10 pieces chicken (you can use drumsticks or thighs or both)
- 10 cloves garlic, crushed, not chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup dark soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 bay leaves
- 1-2 tablespoons brown sugar (if you want to add sweetness) Chopped green onions for garnish
- In a large bowl, add all the ingredients and mix well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and marinate overnight.
- In a large frying pan, add oil and over medium-high heat sear all of your chicken for 3-5 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Once done, add the marinade and all the spices. Simmer over low heat and cover for 30 minutes.
- Flip the chicken and simmer for another 30 minutes.
- Serve 1-2 chicken pieces on top of white rice, garnish with sauce and chopped green onions.
Ready to kick the tires?
Sign up and get going today, or request a demo to get a tour from an expert.