On this page
Kubernetes (K8s) is an open-source system for automating deployment, scaling, and management of containerized applications. Combined with GitOps, Continuous Integration (CI), and Continuous Delivery (CD), Kubernetes can help teams reduce cycle times, streamline infrastructure, and increase the resilience of their applications.
Instead of building a managed Kubernetes service, Equinix Metal™ focuses on building a first-class K8s experience by investing in core open-source components and plugins - from cluster creation to autoscaling.
Find out more about our thinking here:
- Oops, We Forgot to Build a Managed Kubernetes Service
- Why We Can’t Wait for AWS to Announce Bare Metal
Kubernetes is a natural fit for Equinix Metal. With all of the power and control available to you with a bare-metal cloud, Kubernetes is the control plane that enables you to deploy your applications in a uniform cloud-native way, taking advantage of both the power of bare metal and the flexibility and control of cloud-native.
Installation and Getting Started
- Kubernetes on bare metal in 10 Minutes (community resource)
- Guide: Kubernetes with kubeadm
- Kubernetes Cloud Provider for Equinix Metal
- Multi-Architecture Kubernetes on Equinix Metal
Management Clusters, Workload Clusters, and More
- Guide: Kubernetes Cluster API
- The official Cluster API for Equinix Metal
- Guide: K3s on Equinix Metal
- Guide: Kubernetes Management Plane with k3s
- Kubernetes Cluster Autoscaler
- Guide: Guide to Kubernetes storage
- Guide: Object storage using MinIO
- Guide: Object storage using distributed MinIO with Terraform
- Guide: Block storage using Rook with Ceph
If you're looking for more information or more guidance on getting Kubernetes up and running on bare metal, check out our Kubernetes Ecosystem Partners.
Last updatedSeptember 14, 2023
Ready to kick the tires?
Sign up and get going today, or request a demo to get a tour from an expert.